Technology Requirements for Presentations
At least two weeks prior to the presentation, please send me the name, cell phone, and email for the key technical support person involved. Please also share a main contact cell phone in case of last-minute emergency (e.g., flight delay).
As soon as possible but no later than two weeks in advance let me know if any of the following requirements will not be met:
- Projector, screen, and cable for my laptop (presentation requires excellent line-of-sight to screen for all viewers as well as excellent audio)
- Excellent broadband internet connectivity to allow streaming video, high bandwidth applications (e.g., Second Life)
- Audio output from PC laptop to sound system for playing numerous video clips with video and sound (laptop receiver is standard headphone jack, not RCA cable; be sure that audio plug is not yoked to monitor cable as headphone jack on side of laptop is 18 inches from monitor jack in back)
- Remote USB slide “clicker”Wireless lapel microphone or over-the-ear mic preferred
- If Q & A with audience is involved, additional handheld microphone if needed.
- BACKUP CONTINGENCY: I will bring a PC laptop, but a replacement laptop or workstation should be available in the unlikely event that my laptop should fail. Requirements for backup: Above-average graphics card and basic software for powerpoint and video, including Windows XP, VISTA, or WINDOWS 7; Powerpoint (2007 version or newer); Quicktime (http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/); Windows Media Player (most recent version); and, if possible, the K-Lite Codec Pack “mega” version (downloadable at http://www.codecguide.com/download_k-lite_codec_pack_mega).